VICKSBURG, MS (Mississippi News Now)- A relative rescued a Vicksburg family after they were poisoned by carbon monoxide Saturday morning.
The toxic gas filled the home off Highway 61 South sometime before 11 a.m.
LaShuanda Franklin and her five children were inside when she awoke and noticed the house was very cold.
The 34-year-old said she found one son on the floor of his bedroom and another daughter unresponsive.
She called her cousin, James Theriot, who got the children out of the house while Franklin called 911.